The Head of the Archives and Special Collections provides leadership, vision, and planning in the collection, organization, and preservation of materials in multiple formats. The position supports the instructional, research, and public service functions of the university through collection building and access to Maine and regional materials and the University of Maine Archives. The position is responsible for the coordination, management, and direction of the department librarians and other staff. The position takes a leadership role in the library’s work with the Memorandum of Understanding Between the Penobscot Nation and the University of Maine. This position interacts with and may lead University of Maine System library colleagues and others on matters of mutual interest and concern. Typical hiring range for this position is $61,535 to $82,048, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Plans, directs, and manages the Special Collections Department at the Fogler Library.
- Plans, directs, and manages the collection development of the University of Maine Archives and Special Collections.
- Plans, directs, and manages the access to the University of Maine collections.
- Responsible for managing the department’s reference and research service functions and may provide instruction to classes.
- Plans and implements outreach and donor relations.
- Supervises professional and hourly staff.
Complete Job Description
About the University:
The University of Maine is a community of more than 11,700 undergraduate and graduate students, and 2,500 employees located on the Orono campus and throughout the state. UMaine is the state land and sea grant university and maintains a leadership role as the System’s flagship university. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.Further information about UMaine can be found at https://umaine.edu/
Submit applications: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=70041&job=head-of-archives-and-special-collections