HistoryIT is seeking to hire full-time Project Specialists. Specialists will review digitized historical materials (primarily documents and photographs, as well as artifacts) and create appropriate metadata. They will offer an interpretation of the contents, identify subject tags, and create contextual links among materials in the collection. Specialists will be expected to work quickly and efficiently, meeting demanding production schedules while ensuring high-quality standards.
Being part of the HistoryIT team demands hard work, but offers real rewards for successful efforts. We are looking for people who want to grow and thrive with the company. Regular employee reviews will provide the opportunity for upward mobility, redefined responsibilities, and salary enhancements. For the right individual, eager and able to work in the intersecting worlds of history and technology, this position offers the opportunity for growth into a leadership position in a dynamic, expanding company. To be considered, please submit both a cover letter and resume via Indeed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in History or related field
- extensive knowledge of U.S. history, historiography, and historical practices
- technological literacy; comfort learning and using new technologies
- experience using basic database or spreadsheet software; data-entry experience
- experience managing digital files including, but not limited to, file processing, naming conventions and organization
- strong typing skills
- knowledge of archival practices
- extensive experience in online research methods and resources
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- strong attention to detail
- excellent reliability and punctuality
- experience meeting deadlines and production goals
- comfort working independently and in a team environment
- strong visual ability to read document content (including typed and handwritten materials) and computer displays for long periods of time
- familiarity of common metadata standards – Dublin Core, MODS, METS, etc.
Project Specialist positions will be based in our home office located in Portland, Maine.
HistoryIT provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. HistoryIT does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits or any other condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Willingness to travel:
To apply: See the listing on Indeed.