Position: Visitor Services Associate
(2 FT Seasonal Positions Available/Part-Time Considered), Eligible for PTO & Sick Days
Supervisor: Manager of Visitor Services
Rate: $18 per hour
Location: Downtown Bar Harbor, 26 Mount Desert Street
Visitor Services Associates are responsible for greeting museum guests, assisting in the museum shop and admissions, interpreting museum exhibits, maintaining the museum's appearance, and assisting with programs and tours as needed. All work is carried out within a decolonizing context and in a team-based work environment.
- Open and/or close gift shop and admission desk and galleries, as required.
- Assist with gift shop and admissions operations, including selling and distributing admissions tickets and gift shop sales, tracking admissions and shop inventory, maintaining displays, and providing support for programs and tours, as necessary.
- Assist with technology within exhibition galleries, including TVs and iPads.
- Maintain and sustain clean, stocked, and organized workstations and public spaces, including cleaning and sanitizing as needed.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced, busy, customer service-focused retail, hospitality, or cultural environment.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a cashier, teller, or operating a Point of Sale system.
- Familiarity with technology, such as cash registers and online programs.
- Education: Associate’s degree or commensurate experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management and ability to work efficiently
- Demonstrated punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work well within a team environment, to communicate well, and to conduct constructive problem resolution
- Bi- or multi-lingual candidates and those proficient in American Sign Language are strongly encouraged to apply
Must be able to provide flexibility with scheduling and be available to work weekdays, some weekends, some night events, and assist with off-site programming from the middle of April through the beginning of November. Reliable transportation is required. Masks may be required for all staff at all times inside the museum (we will supply KN95 masks).TO APPLY
Please email your resume and contact information for 2 references in PDF format. Save both files as Your Last Name_First Name_2023_Seasonal Staff. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.