Director of Communications and Community Engagement
The Seal Cove Auto Museum seeks a Director of Communications and Community Engagement. Founded in 1963, the Seal Cove Auto Museum is one of the premier Brass-Era automobile museums in the country, and seeks a motivated, intuitive candidate to advance the Museum’s public presence, enhance its base of support in its communities, both locally and nationally, and ensure the visibility and success of all aspects of Museum programs, events and operations.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Museum, this position is responsible for developing and implementing communications and marketing plans for Museum events, programs, exhibitions, community and development initiatives; creating and maintaining relations with the public and media at the local, regional and national levels. This position also oversees cultivation and management of relationships with donors, community members, other museums, businesses, and the media in order to create giving and sponsorship opportunities to increase the Museum’s visibility and support base.
- Create, implement and oversee strategies for marketing, communications, advertising, media buying, content marketing, and public relations.
- Develop relationships with vendors, sponsors, media, advertisers, and community contacts in order to maximize the advertising and marketing budget and increase related support.
- Utilize a variety of marketing tools including traditional media, digital media, and social media.
- Identify sponsorship opportunities to support development activities.
- Build and manage relationships with individual and corporate supporters as well as prospective donors and partners.
- Oversee the creation of member, donor, fundraising, and cultivation events.
- Write and/or edit content for Museum promotions, communications, and development campaigns.
- Develop, manage, and adhere to the advertising and marketing budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Development, or a related field.
- Five or more years’ experience in public relations, communications, or development. Nonprofit or museum experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Public relations/communications abilities developed and proven in a museum or other nonprofit organization.
- A working knowledge of a variety of social media and communication platforms and software. Photography experience is desired.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends, as well as the ability to represent the Museum and monitor its digital presence as needed.
- A strong knowledge of nonprofit communications and relationship development. Knowledge of the subject area is highly desired.
- A passion for cultivating productive, collaborative relationships that benefit the Museum as well as the ability to inspire creativity in partners.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Director of Communications and Community Engagement” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.